The best way to keep your pet happy and healthy is by making sure he's given the best preventative veterinary care. At Cats and Dogs Animal Hospital we believe that keeping your pets healthy is a much better plan than treating problems once they appear. We recommend that all of our pet patients come in for a comprehensive wellness examination at least once a year once they reach at least one year of age. During this exam our experienced team will check your pet for developing health problems as well as treating your dog or cat to prevent diseases from occurring in the future.
Pet Services We Offer
We aren't just here to care for your pet when something goes wrong. We offer a wide variety of pet services that help to keep dogs and cats healthy all year long. By treating your pet while it's still healthy, you'll save money and time by avoiding expensive veterinary visits that can happen when pets get sick. Some of the services we offer are:
- Comprehensive exams, which can catch diseases when they're just developing and easier to treat
- Parasite control, both for annoying fleas and ticks, and for dangerous heartworm and other intestinal parasites
- Dental care, to keep pet's teeth free of damaging tartar, which can harbor bacteria that moves into internal organs
- Nutritional counseling, which is meant to help curtail the obesity epidemic, which is growing in the pet world as well as that of their owners
- Behavioral counseling, for both puppies and kittens and older pets
- Spaying and neutering, which can prolong your pet's life as well as eliminate the danger of unwanted litters
The Importance of Routine Checkups
If your cat or dog seems completely healthy, why should you spend the time and money on hours at the veterinarian's office? For the same reason you have your teeth cleaned twice a year, even if you never have a toothache. Preventative health examinations allow our veterinary team diagnose and treat health problems that create no symptoms, as well at giving treatments that prevent your pet from getting sick in the first place.
Looking for a Veterinarian in Long Beach?
If your dog or cat hasn't seen a veterinarian in at least a year, it's important that you bring her in for a comprehensive pet wellness examination. Our caring team will be happy to make your pet a part of our furry family here at our office. Give us a call at 562-439-4228 and we'll schedule an appointment today