Just like humans, pets need the best diagnostics services to determine the root of their illness and develop a treatment plan. At Cats and Dogs Animal Hospital, our veterinarians in Long Beach want to help your pet recover fast and with the proper treatment. That's why we offer comprehensive pet exams and pet diagnostics services to help your furry friend heal.
What Are Pet Diagnostics?
Pet diagnostics are tests and procedures used to diagnose an animal's illness or condition. These tests can range from simple blood tests to more complex procedures like x-rays and ultrasounds. Depending on the results of the initial diagnostic tests, your veterinarian may recommend additional testing to confirm a diagnosis.
Why Pet Diagnostics Are Important
Pet diagnostics are important because they help veterinarians determine the cause of an animal's illness. With this information, we can develop a treatment plan that provides the best possible outcome for your pet.
What Types of Pet Diagnostics Do We Offer?
We offer a wide range of pet diagnostic services, including:
- Blood tests: Blood tests can be used to assess an animal's overall health, check for infection, and evaluate organ function.
- Urinalysis: Urinalysis can help diagnose urinary tract infections, kidney disease, and diabetes.
- X-rays: X-rays can be used to diagnose broken bones, tumors, and other internal problems.
- Ultrasound: Ultrasound can be used to assess an animal's organ function and check for pregnancy.
- Fecal tests: Fecal tests can be used to check for parasites, bacterial infections, and other gastrointestinal problems.
The results are usually available within 24-48 hours. In some cases, your veterinarian may recommend additional testing to confirm a diagnosis.
What to Expect During The Pet Exam
When you bring your pet to our animal hospital for diagnostics, our team will work with you to determine the best course of testing. We will explain the procedures and answer any questions you may have. We will also provide you with estimated costs so that you can make the best decision for your pet's care. After the diagnostic tests are complete, our team will review the results with you and develop a treatment plan for your pet. We will answer any questions you may have and help your pet get started on the road to recovery.
Help Your Pet Recover at Cats and Dogs Animal Hospital in Long Beach, CA
If your pet is sick or injured, don't wait to get it the help it needs. Schedule an appointment at Cats and Dogs Animal Hospital today by calling us at (562) 439-4228. Our veterinarians are here to help you and your furry friend when you need us most.